Sunday 24 February 2013

Art Smock

Art smock - upcycled from a man's shirt



It's that time of year when your school will want your little one to have an art smock... a simple and cheap idea is to upcycle a man's shirt.  

This one is for my little girl, the first picture is the front of the smock (previously the back of the shirt) with a pocket and embellished flower in a gorgeous contrast fabric and the next photo is the back of the smock.   I have cut away the button section and the collar and sewn a seam into the back of the smock. I sewed a ribbon on the back to help pull it in to the right size so it can be easily undone to take off the smock for those particularly messy art sessions. 

The sleeves have been cut down so they are three quarter sleeves and I have put elastic into them so they stay up and out of the way.  To adjust the shoulder width I have put a pin tucks in each side of the smock across the front and back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment