Wednesday 13 February 2013

How to Clean Stainless Steel

Cleaning Stainless Steel


Do you have some stainless steel that needs cleaning?  Maybe your stove top, your BBQ, or handles on cupboards, even pots or pans?  
Here's a cheap and easy way to clean stainless steel and to protect it afterwards and keep it shiny and finger print free ( at least the finger prints will stay a way for a while...)

The inspiration for this blog came from the look on my boyfriends face, whilst looking at the BBQ he gave me for Xmas, asking where it's cover was... hmmm, I suspected he saw the rust... knowing I had a fool proof way to clean and protect it, I wasn't bothered, but thought I would share the easy clean and protect method with you...




So, take a couple of tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda (bicarb soda as we call it Australia) and a damp cloth.  Dip the cloth into the bicarb and then rub it in the direction of the stainless grain and it will rub the rust away... How easy is that!!  Check it out below...




Now, to protect it, use this fabulous product spray it on the surface and wipe over with a clean cloth, again in the direction of the stainless steel grain, it will stay shiny and keep clean for weeks, simply reapply when you feel it needs it.  Excellent!

I use the same method on my coffee machine, bins, oven, stove top, pots and pans, anything stainless steel.



No comments:

Post a Comment